Have you noticed that when something is on your mind, such as noticing that things are so expensive, or thinking about a certain car, then everywhere you look you find examples of those thoughts? It is because you brought your awareness to this and so, you see more of it. Conversely, if you didn’t know about a subject, then it would not even be part of your life experience. This goes back to our beliefs and how our thoughts, words and beliefs create our world.
The beginning of each new year is an opportunity to let go of the old. We do this by taking stock of our lives. This year, start by releasing anything that does not fit with who you are any longer.
The first step to letting of the old is forgiving yourself. We all carry baggage of guilt, shame and anger, and even a list of fears. Holding onto yesterday’s baggage makes each day grow heavier going forward. It is human to make mistakes. We need to forgive those mistakes and let go of those old emotional hurts, releasing them to make space for the new.
Think of today as a blank slate; an empty book. You get to decide whether the story unfolds the same way as last year, and if it is a comedy or a drama. You get to write your story in any way you choose. Every yesterday that passed is a closed book; a finite ending. Don’t carry that pain with you into tomorrow. Forgive yourself and let go.
- Sit in a quiet comfortable space. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Now allow any heavy emotions you are feeling to come to the surface.
- See these emotions rise out of your being; see each emotion standing before you.
- Forgive yourself for whatever wrong you think is attached to it.
- Now release it, banish that emotion and the incident associated with it, from your being. You don’t need to know why you feel that way, or what that feeling is from – you just need to release it.
- Feel the space left by the heaviness being cleansed through the light and love of Source.
- Do this for every emotion that does not serve you.
- Feel that love of Source filling your being and opening your heart.
- From this space, open your eyes and start to live the life you choose.
Choose what you will allow in your life this year. Choose how you want to be treated. Choose what you will spend your time and money on. Most importantly choose the thoughts you think, the people you allow in your space, the actions you take, with the utmost care. Create each day by living according to your own expectations, desires and truths.
This year is your blank slate to create your life anew. Whatever you allow in your awareness, you receive more of. If you are finding yourself in situations and around people that don’t make you feel good, change it by changing what you allow in your sphere. You only need awareness of the present moment. Change this moment and your focus, to something better. Then from this better space, change your thought to a better one than the last. Keep this up until you shift yourself to a happier state of mind.
Should you find yourself having low moments, use the practice of gratitude to lift yourself up. Don’t beat up on yourself for your mistakes. You are here to learn, to grow and to teach. Every experience allows you to grow and expand who you are.
This year, create a year you choose.Get a journal.
- In it, create your dream list.
- If there were no limits in your life, what would you be doing?
- Where would you go?
- Who would you want to spend time with?
- Next, what in your life no longer serves you?
- What do you want to see and experience more of?
- Keep asking yourself questions until you can paint a picture of what you want this coming year to be like. If you don’t know where you are going, you have no idea how to get there.
- Once you have an idea, you can start to make adjustments, step-by-step, moving in that direction.
What is the one thing that lights you up that you would like to experience or do this year? Share and let me know.