The crown chakra is the seventh chakra. This chakra is located at the top of the head at the crown.
The crown chakra is our connection to the Universe, and contains the purest form of life-force or life energy. It is the connection to Divine energy and higher consciousness. It gives and receives this energy, and sends this energy though the body, mind and spirit to the other chakras.
Interaction and communication with the Universe occurs though the crown chakra. This chakra is about thought, wisdom, enlightenment, awareness, universal consciousness, connection to self and others, spirituality, and connection to higher guidance. Through the crown chakra we integrate the spiritual and Divine into our physical realities.
When this chakra is in balance, we have access to higher states of consciousness and Divine wisdom, we have a deeper understanding, and are guided by divine inspiration. We feel connected to all that is, and supported by Source; have a strong spiritual connection; experience clarity, wisdom, unity, inner peace, joy and serenity. We are inspired and energized, aware of the deeper meaning of life and are connected to our Higher Self, accessing all that wisdom, guidance and joy.
When the crown chakra is out of balance, we may experience a loss of joy; struggle to find meaning in life; feel depressed, lost and lonely; and feel disconnected from Source. With this imbalance, you may find that the way you feel is influenced by the external, feel a lack of control and direction, be closed off to divine guidance, find yourself being rigid, lacking purpose, experiencing apathy and functioning from your intellectual self to the exclusion of Source.
This chakra may be affected by high stress environments, unresolved trauma, conditioning and beliefs we adopted in childhood, crises and conflicts, and living a fast-paced lifestyle.
The crown chakra is connected to thought, and represented by the color violet.
Healing this chakra, allows you to live a full, connected life; tap into Source energy and your Inner being ; feel peace, joy and connectedness to all beings; and experience the radiance of the Universe.
A few ways to heal the crown chakra:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet space and close your eyes. Take a few deep breaths to ground and center yourself.
- Now using the crown chakra symbol, picture a lotus flower at your crown chakra.
- Visualize the petals opening one by one.
- As they open, see pure Divine light and energy moving through this flower, flowing into your body and being, healing, cleansing and opening you to pure Source energy.
- Feel anything heavy wash away, letting the light fill your entire being. Perhaps you feel a sensation on your body, or lightness in your being.
- Allow this light to move you into a place of stillness, letting the pure divine love flow through you, and around you. Take a few deep breaths again.
- Now holding onto this feeling, open your eyes.
- Use your breathing to reconnect to this energy.
- Take time to mindfully connect to your being by creating stillness within.
- The easiest way to create stillness is to focus on your breathing, shutting out all else.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet space and close your eyes. Focus on your breathing.
- Inhale through the nose for 5 to 8 seconds, and then exhale through the nose. Repeat this for a few minutes until all you are focusing on is your breath. As you take each breath, feel your lungs expand – feel your entire body being filled with life-giving oxygen. As you exhale, feel everything toxic and heavy leaving your being.
- Experiment with breath work that feels good to you. Perhaps you feel a little anxious and would like to focus using bumblebee breath. Inhale though the nose, and on the exhale, with the mouth closed, hum the letter “m”, making the sound of a bumblebee.
Do things that inspire you:
- Spend time in nature, really letting go, shutting out the white noise and distractions, and connecting with the life and beauty around you.
- Listen to music that makes you feel alive, inspired and excited about life.
- Or listen to an audio that helps you connect to your inner being.
Initiating a daily practice of doing one thing that inspires and uplifts you and helps you connect to Source, will completely change the trajectory of your life, raising your vibration and allowing you to create the life you choose.
- I easily and effortlessly connect to the Divine.
- My life is one of ease and flow.
- I am open to receive.
- I access divine wisdom and am open to its guidance.
- I love and accept myself as I am with the knowing that I am the physical manifestation of Source energy.
What makes you feel most connected to Divine wisdom? Share in the comments below.