Does the future scare you? Almost everyone would say yes. We live in an uncertain world and over the last few years, our definitions of normal, and the idea of where life was going and what it meant, has shifted. Previously, we may have feared being stuck where we were at that moment. Now, however, we continuously face external issues that we have no control over yet these issues impact us deeply. This puts us into a fight or flight response when we think about the future.
How we see our lives going forward stems from how worthy we feel. If we feel worthy, we believe in the possibilities and opportunities waiting for us. However, when we have been through trauma, or had experiences that deeply impacted us, they leave a mark. That mark manifests in what we feel is possible for us. Many people don’t feel they deserve the future they dream of because of something that happened in their past – whether it was something they did, or something that they experienced.
Sometimes we put the brakes on our future because of an old belief system. Perhaps this stems from something we heard in passing about ourselves, something we heard from someone we love, or even what we took from a past experience. Ultimately, fear of the future comes from not feeling secure and not feeling certain of our acceptance. If we feel comfortable in our own skin without looking to others to give us this security, we have the powerful knowing that we are always supported from within and the future looks filled with possibility.
Access this unlimited support available to you:
- Close your eyes.
- Take deep breaths, focusing on the expansion of your lungs and the drumbeat of your heart.
- Place your feet on the floor and feel your connection to earth beneath you. Even if you are inside, feel this connection grounding you and extending upwards to support you.
- Now open your being to the Light of Source/God/Universe. Visualize a golden light flowing down from above through your body, meeting the grounding energy from below and merging within you.
- Can you feel this powerful love energy filling you? Feel this feeling and allow it to fill your entire body.
- Hold this feeling close and recreate it whenever you need to.
In this space of love and support, what does the future feel like to you? Does it feel exciting? Can you see the possibility of something new for you? At this moment, there are no limitations. What is the one thing that you want in your life right now?
Open your eyes and consciously choose to acknowledge this desire. Write down what you would need to change, or what steps you would need to take to bring this desire to life. This can be yours right now. If you are not in a position to take action towards creating this future, you can still feel the feeling of this new reality. You can in your mind, feel, experience, and immerse yourself in that space until you believe that it can be true for you right now.
Your fear no longer needs to keep you from the future you desire. Find one thing to do today to create the future you want.