Our outside world is a reflection of what is going on within on an energetic level.
Our chakras are the energy centers of the body. When our chakras get blocked, our life energy also gets blocked and we find ourselves stuck in places we don’t want to be. When our chakras are out of balance, it affects our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. Clearing out the clutter in our lives – physical, emotional and mental clutter – strengthens the flow of our energy. Our deep seated beliefs and emotional states, through old patterns, can lead to our chakras becoming blocked. By hiding who we are and not speaking our truth, we hamper the energy flow in our lives. When we are unaware of our energy state, life can feel like a never-ending struggle. Many of us have experienced trauma and pain in our lives, and this can lead to our energetic bodies being compromised, affecting the flow of our chakras.
The base chakra is linked to our etheric body. This body can be affected by traumatic experiences and unresolved issues from the other bodies. Our base chakra influences our physical existence.
The base or root chakra is located at the base of spine and energetically grounds us in the physical world. This chakra is associated with feelings of security, safety, trust and grounding. These include physical survival and basic needs such as security, shelter, survival, safety; and non-physical feelings of security, primal trust, courage, feeling grounded, and strength. It is the foundation on which we create our lives. This chakra supports our feeling of growing, feeling safe to explore new things, and our relationship with our body.
When this chakra is blocked, we can find ourselves living from a place of fear, and making choices and taking actions from that space. You may find yourself feeling like you are reacting and functioning from a place of survival instinct. When the base chakra is functioning at peak, we feel grounded, secure, safe, abundant, we worry less and our decisions and choices come from a more balanced perspective. Life has a sense of ease to it.
This chakra is connected to the earth element and our sense of smell. Healing this chakra creates the foundation for opening the other chakras. When we fully inhabit our physical body, we ground ourselves to this world.
A few ways to create an energy shift in the base chakra:
Physical activity such as movement and dancing.
- Moving our body helps energy to flow again, can cause blockages to shift and old energy to be released.
- Try moving in way you don’t usually move – e.g. run, dance, skip, allowing your body to move in any way it wants .
- Just let go and let it direct you – it may feel silly but you are still shifting energy.
Grounding your body physically.
- Get out into nature and anchor yourself into your physical body.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet space, breathe deeply a few times and feel your physical body.
- Acknowledge every part of your body – say thank you to each part for the way it supports your being.
- Feel the earth beneath you – touch the ground and sink your finger into it.
- Truly feel the pulsing life all around you.
- Hold onto this feeling and open your eyes.
Affirmation for this chakra:
- I trust that things are always working out for me.
- I am safe.
- I am okay in this moment.
- Everything is always working out for me.
- All my needs are met.
- I am grounded in myself and my life.
- I am strong, capable and unstoppable.
Do you have a practice that helps you shift your energy? Share and let me know.
Be Well. Be Blessed