The sixth chakra is our third eye chakra or brow chakra. It is located in the center of the brow, between the eyes, and slightly above at the bridge of the nose.
The third eye chakra relates to intuition, “sixth sense”, wisdom, perception, imagination, manifesting thought, self-awareness, inner guidance, purpose, and even psychic abilities. This chakra is the mind chakra, in that it allows for clear thought and cutting through illusions, spiritual connection and self-reflection. It helps to create our reality and beliefs through the thoughts we think and how we choose to see the world.
This chakra is about how we see – how we see ourselves and our lives; our ability to access deeper truths by opening ourselves; the ability to discern and create by using our inner guidance system and intuition; the ability to connect thoughts, emotions, logic and intuition to make decisions; and the ability to see beyond our self-imposed limiting beliefs and perceptions, and instead lead through the thoughts that serve us.
When this chakra is in balance we have more awareness about ourselves and our lives. We live in a mindful state, are present in every moment, we’re in tune with ourselves and Source as well as the world around us. We are more self-aware, open-minded, have a strong spiritual connection, recognize and use our intuition, have clear insight and wisdom. We are also able to break free of unhealthy patterns and behaviors.
When this chakra is out of balance, we may find ourselves being closed-minded, having a fear of truth, experiencing limiting beliefs, struggling to find our purpose, having difficulty making decisions, experiencing self-doubt, feeling lost, feeling unable to access our intuition, struggling to connect to our inner being or Source, and lacking clarity and wisdom.
This chakra can be affected by life-changing experiences, such as illness, divorce, death, and a transition to a new period in your life. If you grew up in an environment where free thinking and questioning was discouraged, you were surrounded by closed-minded people, or felt as though your opinions and insights were unwelcome, then this chakra may have been affected.
The third eye is connected to the element of light, and our sixth sense. The color indigo represents this chakra.
Healing the third eye chakra allows us to live a rich, full life, being guided by our inner being, feeling connected, aligned and in control of our future. It allows us to create the life we desire by consciously choosing the thoughts we think, the beliefs we choose to have, and by developing our connection to our inner guidance and intuition.
A few ways to heal the third eye chakra:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet spot.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to ground yourself.
- With your eyes still closed, look up to the third eye area as you breathe.
- Now imagine a swirling ball of indigo light at your third eye. See this light getting brighter as it moves.
- Feel it moving through the third eye area, dissolving all blockages, opening the mind, releasing anything that does not serve you, allowing its pure cleansing light to fill you with Source energy.
- Take a few deep breaths and anchor this energy to you – let it fill your being.
- Now open your eyes and allow this healing energy to guide you throughout your day.
- Your journal is your space to truly open up and explore who you are and what you are feeling.
- Our beliefs influence our life and the limitations we put on ourselves.
- However a belief is a thought we continue to think.
- If you can change your beliefs about yourself, you open yourself up to creating a life you desire.
- To do this you need to figure out what your limiting beliefs are so you can change them to better ones.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What do I believe about my body?
- What do I believe about my abilities?
- When I think about my worth what is the first thought that comes to mind?
- What do I believe about my place in this world?
If any belief you have does not make you happy, then you can change it. Write a better version of belief below the first one. Then write a better belief than the second one. Keep going until you arrive at a belief that feels better, that feels real and lifts your vibration.
Keep doing this exercise until you have cleaned up your beliefs.
- I am open and aware of all that serves me
- I easily access my intuition and trust the guidance I receive
- I live in the Light and allow it illuminate my life
- Source energy moves to me and through me
- I open myself to access my inner wisdom
- I create my reality and I choose to think thoughts and have beliefs that only serve my highest good.
- I release all limiting beliefs and fears.
- My imagination guides me well.
- I make wise and clear decisions that align with my highest good.
What tools do you use to develop your intuition and cleanse your third eye chakra?
Share in the comments below.